Wednesday, February 22, 2012

a correction

In my last blog entry I used the example of Michael Jackson's name being changed to Jacksonin by the Finns when I saw it on tv.  As pointed out by one of my faithful followers, Zella, this is in fact a way of making his name possessive, not an arbitrary name change.  I want to take this moment to apologize to my tutor, who in fact did tell me the same thing when I asked, but (as usual) I forgot.

So it was a bad example of what I was trying to convey, but I am sure that I was told of other names that would support my rant.  I will ask about this when I see my tutor next, get those names from her, and report them to you in my blog as a follow-up. 

I also want to thank Zella for her comments;  I am learning a lot and enjoying her imput.  Thanks Zella.

No comments:

Post a Comment