Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ice Swimming?

OK, so here's the question: how much longer will people here be ice swimming?  Or as I like to call it now "fridgid water swimming" since there is no more ice.  Now it just seems silly.  When there was ice, it looked insane and therefore impressive.  Now it just looks like a bunch of people who don't know better than to stay out of the cold water.

I know, I know, it is good for your health;  so I am told.  Still, I'm not sure I would swim in this particular water even if it were warm.  I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it, but it is at a boat launch/marina and it looks rather murky and not at all the color that I am used to for swimming.  And for those that are wondering: I went swimming in the Baltic at a site that was not designed for boats.

So I will keep a watchful eye and let you know when the swimming ends...I'm guessing May 1st?  Which is May day, by the way, and a big deal here.  I will learn all I can and let you know what I find out and experience.  Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment