Thursday, March 8, 2012

Life is Good

Spring is coming and I have proof!  My sister gave me a little plastic alien-looking critter with a bobbling head that works on solar power.  It's actually quite adorable.... and stupid... and really makes me smile when I watch it bobble back and forth.  Annie, bless her,  gave it to me some years ago knowing that I suffer from depression and thinking it would make me laugh.  It was one of the few "purposeless" items that I brought with me when we moved here.  So here is the great news:  his head is bobbling back and forth again!  That means the sun is shining enough for him to work....he hasn't worked for many, many months.  This is indeed great news.  Isn't it amazing how little it takes to make me happy?

Think that's pathetic.  I found a jar full of joy today.  That's right, I found marachino cherries!  The sweet, wonderful sundae topper that I like to eat straight from the jar.  I feel so naughty...I may just eat the whole jar all by myself.  Oh such sweet, wonderful joy!  Talk about easy to please.

So today has been a good day...bobbling heads and marachinno cherries.  How could it get any better than this?  Oh, yeah, I'm meeting Lisa at the champaign bar later :)

1 comment:

  1. Janet, You go ahead and be naughty! And I love the bobble-head story. Very telling. And thank you, again, for sharing your wonderful talent for witty writing witht us here in the states.
    God Bless.
    Michelle Martel

    ReplyDelete