Friday, March 16, 2012

Snow Removal

So I'm taking it easy today and watching out my window where they are removing the snow from the marina clubhouse parking and the surrounding area.  It's not a new sight.  I've seen snow removal before.  They are actually pretty good about it, staying on top of the worst of it where the roads and street parking are concerned, as well as the sidewalks.  At least this is true in my area of Helsinki.

Anyway, the thought occurs to me again...where does the snow go?  They plow it, scoop it, and dump it in a truck that drives off to presumably dump it somewhere.  I just wonder.  It's a lot of snow, and I can't imagine where you would put it.  I suppose it leaves the city...there's a lot of Finland that we haven't seen yet, and I'm sure there must be vast expanses of land north of us.  As happy as I am to see it go, I wonder if there is someone elsewhere who is not so happy to see it coming.

At anyrate, I am happy to see it go, and while I am sure that I have not yet seen the end of future snows this season, I am enjoying seeing the pavement again. Not to worry, the ice is still there and I have plenty of swimmers to keep me amused.

2 comments:

  1. You will have to inquire about this, Janet, as I believe that they dump it into the ocean. Let us know. Beautiful weather here, by the way. The crocuses are pushing through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blog is very nice.Hey :))))) I want to meet you?
    If you accept, be friends?
    :)http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003273161919

    ReplyDelete